The Windsor Experience. The Right Choice.
Windsor Gardens Rehabilitation Center of Salinas is a skilled nursing facility which provides short-term, long-term and rehabilitation services and strives to help our residents increase their independence and reach their highest level of functionality.
Windsor Gardens of Salinas was founded on a fundamental guiding principle: Your loved one is somebody special who deserves the very best and who will be treated with the utmost respect and dignity.
What makes Windsor Gardens of Salinas unique and separates us from other facilities is the ability to provide person-centered care with a loving touch. This is accomplished by having attentive and caring staff assembled.
In an effort to make as many residents feel at home as possible, our nursing staff is fluent in several languages. At least one nurse speaks Spanish and Tagalog.
The rehab team at Windsor Gardens of Salinas has well qualified physical, occupational and speech therapists who work with some of the most complex post-surgical care needs and have helped countless severe stroke patients restore to their highest level of function. We provide care ranging from rehabilitation after surgery to even the most complex cases including ventilator and tracheostomy care, complex IV therapies, tube feedings, as well as stroke and cardiac rehab programs. Our staff is caring and are trained to provide quality customer service and person centered care. We look forward to caring for your or your loved ones needs and appreciate your trust in allowing us to care for you.
- Best in class wound care and rehabilitation department (all our treatment nurses are wound certified).
- Our residents love the home like setting.
- Our residents enjoy our friendly and experienced staff
- We have been serving this community since 2004
- Located just steps from Salinas Valley Memorial Hospital
- All beds are Medicare and Medicaid certified.
- Medical director and physicians review each resident throughout their stay.
- Our rehab department includes: Physical Therapy, Occupational
- Therapy and Speech-Language Pathology.
- Every room has a TV, cable, WiFi access and telephone hookups.
- Admissions are processed 24/7.
- Please ask us about our Sub Acute unit and our specialized rehabilitation programs
- Administrator – Donald Atterberry
- Director of Nursing – Terrence Meighen
- Admission Director – Vanessa Cortez
- Director of Rehabilitation – Pope Hill III
- Social Services Director – Daniella Galvan
“My mother spent 10 days there recovering from a major stroke. I have been very impressed with the quality of care and the compassion that all of the staff have demonstrated for her. I am very happy to have my mother in their care.”
“I have had a relative in the facility for over a year now. I have been pleased with most of the care. My only complaint would be the physician in charge taking his time to approve prescriptions when they are needed quickly. I’ve witnessed great treatment of patients. I had issues with wound care at a DIFFERENT place but was happy to see gloves changed frequently throughout a single procedure to keep the wound clean during the entire process. I pointed that out to the nurse during my last visit that I was really happy with the care she provided. There are some patients who are there for VERY long term care. I’m not associated with them but I see nurses speaking to and interacting with patients who can’t communicate on their own. They offer their one sided conversation to assist with patient stimulation. Other places would just go about their treatment and not say a word to those who couldn’t communicate. They treat the patients as though they are important and can speak. I feel that is a healthy part of care that is needed for the patients who can’t communicate.”
– Linda T.